Dramatic Finish Sees Christian Brothers Overcome Manasquan in Shore Conference Finals

photo by: Christian Oldhafer

In a clash of Shore Conference titans that lived up to every expectation, Christian Brothers Academy faced off against Manasquan for the second time this season after a dramatic game in the first go round. 

The game started off intensely, with both teams displaying strong defensive capabilities. The deadlock was broken by Manasquan’s Pat Frost, who scored right at the buzzer to give Manasquan a 1-0 lead, setting the tone for a tense match. The second quarter saw Christian Brothers' Davis Campbell equalize at 1-1, maintaining the pressure on Manasquan. However, Manasquan’s Brody Muly, a Leigh commit, pushed his team ahead once again, making the score 2-1.

By halftime, the game was knotted at 2-2, reflecting the tight competition between the two teams. Caden Lucich’s goal for CBA tied the game, demonstrating their resilience and ability to come back.

As the third quarter progressed, Christian Brothers briefly took the lead with another goal by Caden Lucich from an assist by Jack Santos, making it 3-2. However, this was quickly countered by Manasquan’s Ryan Aldi, who evened the score at 3-3.

The climax of the game came in the last few minutes. With 4:47 left on the clock, Brandon Kunz scored, giving Manasquan what seemed like a winning lead at 4-3. However, Davis Campbell emerged as the hero for Christian Brothers, scoring two goals in the final 80 seconds to turn the game around dramatically and secure a 5-4 victory. The first came off a shot attempt that bounced right into a perfect scoring situation. The second goal came in the closing seconds of the game which left Manasquan with too little time to rebuttle. 

With this win, Christian Brothers not only claims the Shore Conference title but also sets a high benchmark for future games. With wins over Rumson and Manasquan in the last week, the Colts look to bring that momentum into the playoff tournament starting this week.